Whether you’re new to the idea of AI integrating with marketing strategies or have been implementing it for some time, this blog post is not one to miss.
If you haven’t considered using AI to elevate your marketing strategy, this is your sign to give it a second thought. With over 75% of marketers now using AI tools, it wouldn’t be exaggerated to say that not using it puts your business at a disadvantage.
We’ve done our research and compiled an updated list of the 10 best AI writers to use in 2024. We’ll also guide you through what you need to consider when choosing the right tool to suit your needs. This will give you a better understanding of why we’ve carefully chosen these top 10 AI writers for marketers to use in 2024.
Let’s get started!
What are the benefits of using AI writers?
- They save a lot of time: Since a solid 1300-word blog post normally takes someone north of 4 hours to write (including research and planning), marketers can use all the help they can get. With AI, you can produce a detailed article quickly with just a few clicks. This is a huge advantage because in the world of marketing, saving time directly translates to saving money.
- Idea generation: Marketers often struggle with creative blocks. It’s tough to come up with fresh, creative content that stands out online day after day. Creating compelling content to spark interest and drive conversions can be stressful, especially when the inspiration isn’t there. That’s where AI writers come in. They can craft outlines, headings, and talking points, or simply write blog post introductions, offering a starting point that may lead to a new burst of creativity.
- Scalability: As a marketing campaign grows, so does the need for more content. As your content gains popularity, the demand for content grows along with the size of your audience. AI writers can easily accommodate this by producing as much content as required without compromising on quality.
- Higher quality content: While AI writers are less than perfect when it comes to bias and factual content, they are helpful in improving the quality of other areas. Built-in plagiarism detectors and proofreaders help reduce grammatical or spelling mistakes. Since poor spelling and grammar can result in an 85% higher bounce rate in website traffic, we still suggest having a human proofread the content for nuances or complex errors the AI might miss.
- SEO-friendly content: The more advanced AI tools offer SEO-related features like meta descriptions and tags For those who aren’t keen on learning SEO skills or simply don’t have the time, these features are a convenient way to ensure your content ranks well in search engine results. In short – some marketers prefer to generate SEO content with the help of AI.
- Break down language barriers: AI writers can craft content in various languages, allowing companies to connect with new audiences and enter different markets. Some platforms offer the convenience of translating entire blog posts with just one click. The more advanced tools can tailor content to specific locations, including local expressions and colloquial language, making the content more relatable and unique to users from different regions.
- Personalization: Personalized content tends to engage users more effectively, with 89% of marketers improving their ROI through personalized campaigns. AI can help customize content for different segments of your audience based on their online behavior and engagement patterns. The results – Higher conversion rates and increased sales.
What to look for in an AI writer
If you’re wondering what criteria we used to select the 10 best AI writers for 2024, we’ve made available our list that serves as a benchmark for evaluating quality.
- Language versatility: You’ll want an AI writer that’s really good with languages—not just one, but many. Plus, it should be able to switch up its writing style whether it’s putting together a formal business report or diving into some creative storytelling.
- Contextual relevance: The AI writer’s ability to understand what you’re talking about and the context of your input is an all-important factor. Whether it’s tech, fashion, or niche-specific, it should write content that fits right in with the topic at hand.
- Personalization: Imagine an AI that can tailor what it writes just for you or your audience. AI-driven personalization takes what people like, their past behavior, and interactions into account to produce relevant content that resonates with each viewer.
- Creativity and originality: You want an AI writer that’s not just copying and pasting content. It should come up with fresh, new ideas and content that stands out because it’s unique.
- Accuracy: While the content generated by AI writers is fast and informative, it may not always be factually correct. It’s important to always assess the quality of AI-generated content. This is especially important if it’s writing content for news articles or educational resources.
- Tone and voice consistency: The AI should sound like a natural extension of your brand, keeping the same tone and style in all its writing to make sure everything feels cohesive.
- Interactivity and responsiveness: An AI that listens to you and makes changes based on your feedback can be a game-changer. Ease-of-use should always be a deciding factor when choosing an AI writer to partner with. Partnering with an AI tool for effective marketing should be a breeze, without needing the help of a tech-wizard.
- SEO and readability: The AI should know how to make search engines happy without forgetting that real people are going to read the content. That means the content needs to be easy to read and engaging.
- Compliance and ethics: AI writers that are programmed to adhere to all the necessary guidelines, regulations, and standards are very important. If you ask us, copyright laws and ethical considerations should form part of every AI-related decision.
- Integration capabilities: A great AI writer should work well with other software and platforms you’re using, like your website’s backend, marketing tools, or data analysis systems. If you want to optimize AI-marketing results, this is a feature you don’t want to compromise on.
- Speed and efficiency: Fast content doesn’t mean poor-quality content. The AI writer should be able to generate content at a desirable speed without compromising on quality.
- Feedback and improvement: Every time you give it a thumbs up or suggest a tweak, the AI should take that on board and improve its output each time. The advantage of generative AI is its ability to learn from its mistakes.
- Data security: Keeping your information safe and secure is essential for AI tools. Adhering to data privacy laws is an area we’re not willing to overlook.
10 of the Best AI Writers for Marketers in 2024
1. ContentBot ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
With this comprehensive AI tool, we didn’t quite know where to start. The array of features, language options, and automations made getting to know ContentBot a lengthy but very rewarding process.
With the option to choose between the GPT-3.5 and the GPT-4 models, ContentBot strives to present users with high quality content. While there are options regarding formality, tone, and languages, ContentBot goes far beyond a simple AI writing platform. Custom workflows, CSV imports, and their conversational chatbot “InstructBot” make this tool a must-have for marketers on every scale, from freelancers to agencies.
Whether you’re looking to write short form copy or long form content for blog posts and articles, there’s a reason ContentBot has first place on our list. And for users who want to test every feature this tool has to offer, they offer a free demo account to help you make an informed decision.
- Create content at regular intervals: hourly, weekly, monthly
- A variety of third party integrations, including social media.
- Built-in SEO tool and plagiarism checker for real-time insights.
- Flows feature allows you to build custom workflows for teams and processes.
- Generates high-quality and engaging content in a tone of your choosing.
- User-friendly interface.
- Can upload CSV files for efficiency using the Imports feature.
For smaller startups, the higher paying options can become expensive.
A prepaid option allows you to pay $1 for every 1000 words, however you won’t have access to the plagiarism checker and certain automations. The Starter bundle is only $19 per month. The Premium+ package is $99 per month and offers the most features and benefits for users.
2. Writesonic ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Writesonic is a popular choice for marketers looking to partner with an AI writer. Another tool that boasts a “Chat-GPT-like chatbot”, this AI tool offers a rewriter, browser extensions, 30 language options, and over 100 preset templates to choose from.
From freelancers to larger agencies and teams, this tool tries to cater to all types of marketers. There are also a few third party integrations like Zapier and WordPress to help push content.
If you’re looking for a tool that’s a little more SEO-friendly, Writesonic offers AI landing pages, meta descriptions, and social media ads. From long blog posts to engaging copy, this tool helps do it all.
We appreciated that on top of the extensive language selection, there’s the option to customize your content’s tone to better suit your brand’s voice. However, we should point out that while this is a welcomed addition, the tone’s accuracy is somewhat questionable and may need human editing. While the output offers a good foundation, the quality leaves users with the added task of editing and fine-tuning the content. It may not be the best option for marketers looking for a hands-off solution.
- High quality content output.
- Suitable for all marketers, from freelancers to large enterprises with over 50 writing tools.
- User-friendly interface that’s easier to navigate.
- There is a character limit when trying to generate longer pieces of content.
- Third party integrations create extra work for users.
Strangely, the free version appears to offer more benefits than the paid option. For example, the free plan allows users access to the 5.0 AI article writer and brand voice feature, where the $20 freelancer package does not. Users could also opt for the $19 small team bundle that grants access to the API and bulk processing. For medium to large businesses, pricing starts at a steep $500 per month.
3. Article Forge ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Article Forge is a rising name in the market of AI writers. It can generate short and long form content that’s optimized for search engines in just a few clicks. Much like ChatGPT relies on prompts, this tool needs an instruction to perform the desired task. There’s no limit on the length of the blog post you want to create, with the option to enable “Avoid AI Detection” to help users generate content that mimics humans.
If marketers are looking to upscale content generation with AI, this tool’s bulk generator could be the answer. Its real-time researcher helps generate relevant topics with unique content in minutes.
- Built-in AI detector to generate human-like content.
- Scheduling options for regular content output.
- Multiple third-party integration options, including CyberSEO and WordPress.
- Users need to pay close attention to details when editing, so human interference is still necessary (content isn’t ready-to-publish).
- Limited to 7 language options.
- Content output can be repetitive and weak.
For $13 per month, this affordable plan grants each user 25 000 words, bulk content generation, and the ability to automatically publish blog posts. Business plans are available for larger teams.
4. Jasper ⭐⭐⭐
Jasper caters more to marketing teams, claiming to be an “AI copilot”. From social media marketing to blog writing and copywriting, this tool is another game changer for marketing teams and agencies.
With over 20 languages available to users and the ability to generate SEO-friendly content, this tool has earned its place on our list. There are also more than 50 preset templates to help marketers kick start the writing process.
We have noticed the trend in AI writers being more suited to assisted writing as opposed to generating entire blog posts on their own, and Jasper is no different. If you want this tool to generate full blog posts, you’re going to have to help it along the way. If you’re interested in giving Jasper a try, we recommended sticking to shorter articles and content.
- A wide variety of features, including built-in analytics tools.
- Accurate plagiarism detection.
- Wide language selection.
- Optimization recommendations.
- More complicated to use, may not be suitable for marketers that are new to AI.
- Certain content requires extra editing from a human team member, which can be time consuming. Output quality is questionable.
- Not suitable for long form content generation.
For one user with a single brand voice, Jasper offers a $39 package. Free trials are also available for the pro plan available for $59 per month.
5. Frase.io ⭐⭐⭐
Another tool aiming to help marketers improve their SEO is Frase. Its SEO features include the ability to analyze your competitors’ content to generate outlines and identity opportunities.
While many marketers prefer to use this tool as a writing assistant rather than leave it to complete the task in its entirety, it’s not incapable of generating satisfactory content. Granted, it may take more editing and prompting than other AI writers, but the output quality gets the job done.
- SEO-friendly tool that helps optimize content.
- Capable of analyzing search results and automatically generating recommendations.
- Easy to use.
- Editing and prompting is required to reach desired outcomes.
- Plans offer limited content generation.
Frase doesn’t offer a free plan. The solo plan is $14.99 per month and allows users to generate 4 articles per month. For unlimited article generation, users will pay $114.00 per month.
6. Anyword ⭐⭐⭐
Here’s an AI writer that’s a little more focused on marketing. Anyword is an easy to use tool that allows you to generate, evaluate, and optimize your content.
This platform helps you maintain a consistent brand voice throughout your content creation and can be tailored to certain audiences. All plans offer unlimited copy generation, making scaling content on a budget more achievable.
What makes Anyword stand out is its ability to analyze your competitors. With these insights, you gain a valuable competitive advantage.
- No word limits on any of the available plans.
- Built-in plagiarism checker and analytics tools.
- Content can be tailored to suit your brand’s unique voice.
- Built-in marketing tools for efficiency.
- Web-based only tool.
- Poor third party integration options.
Plans start at $49 per month, with the business plan for marketing teams going up to $499 per month. For larger enterprises, custom pricing can be discussed. All plans allow unlimited copy generation.
7. Rytr ⭐⭐⭐
From blog ideas and detailed outlines to business pitches and copywriting, Rytr is another tool that aims to go beyond the simple title of “AI writer”. With over 40 use-cases available to all users (including free plan holders), they’ve taken AI writing to another level.
Each plan offers roughly the same access, however the limit is placed on the amount of characters available each month. Whether you opt for a free plan or the more pricey unlimited plan, you’ll have access to:
- More than 40 use-cases
- Over 30 language options
- 20 different tones to choose from
- The built-in plagiarism checker, and more.
- User-friendly interface that was simple to navigate for first-time users.
- High level of personalization thanks to the language options and tone selection.
- Versatile and can be used for long form and short form content.
- More affordable options for smaller companies.
- Noticeable repetition in long form content generation, more suitable for shorter content pieces.
- The paraphrasing tool tends to reshuffle content rather than reword it, leaving room for potential plagiarism issues.
Rytr offers a free plan with 10 000 characters per month. The built-in plagiarism checker helps make sure content is original too. For more credits and allowances, plans start at $9 per month, with the unlimited plan going up to $19 per month.
8. INK ⭐⭐
INK has made headway as an AI writer due to its extensive range of features available to marketers, one of the key being its “AI content shield”. This feature helps marketers generate content that will be unrecognizable by AI detectors.
Like many other AI writers, INK allows you to generate new content or optimize existing content for search engines. We’ve noticed that this tool is catered more towards SEO and generated content that helps users rank on search engines.
With over 20 language options and more than 130 templates to help you get started, INK is definitely an AI writer worth a marketer’s consideration. While it’s incredibly useful as a writing assistant, we found it underwhelming when compared with a tool that handles the entire writing process from start to finish. The output requires editing and the quality is questionable.
- Customizable languages and templates allow for personalization.
- Helps generate content that passes AI detections.
- Tools tailored to help with SEO.
- More suited as an AI assistant rather than a writer.
- Content output quality can be poor and requires editing by a human.
The $49 professional package offers unlimited SEO-friendly AI writing. For $119 per month, you get the added benefits of team performance tracking.
9. AI-Writer ⭐⭐
While this tool is deserving of a spot on our list, AI-Writer isn’t as flashy as some of the other platforms we’ve mentioned previously. Don’t get us wrong – it does its intended job perfectly fine, it simply lacks the extra bells and whistles that typically attract marketers and help them achieve their goals. It’s quite simply an AI writer.
We have to give this tool credit for being one of the few AI writers that is capable of citing its sources when generating output. These sources are also updated regularly to make sure they stay relevant. For marketers writing about industry news and current events, this tool can be a great asset. If you need help generating trendy content, you may want to give AI-Writer a try. Keep in mind though that with this added benefit, you may need to wait a little longer to receive your output than with other tools.
- It offers relevant sources for informative content.
- Learning to use this platform requires no tech know-how thanks to its simplicity.
- Can be more expensive for smaller companies with multiple users.
- No marketing-related tools that tailor it to these tasks.
- Third party integration is limited to WordPress.
- Even the power plan is capped at 1000 articles per month, so there’s no unlimited option.
With a basic plan that costs $49 per month, a single user has access to all the same features as the power plan at $375 per month. The main difference between plans is the amount of articles allowed and number of users permitted under each plan.
10. Wordtune ⭐
Wordtune takes last place on our list of the 10 best AI writers for marketers this year. It offers rewrites, AI prompts, and a summarizer to its users. You can choose between casual and formal tones, with the option to shorten and expand pieces of text.
The Chrome extension was a welcomed addition to a somewhat underwhelming tool. They’ve also added an AI content detector to help marketing managers analyze content.
- User-friendly interface with tools that are easy to find and incorporate into your content.
- Reliable plagiarism checker.
- Accurate content as a result of fact-checking for credibility.
- Limited number of features when compared with other Ai writers.
- Fewer personalization options.
The free plan only offers 3 AI prompts and summaries a day. For Wordtune to be worthwhile, users will need to opt for the $14.99 a month unlimited plan.
11. Copy.ai ⭐
We’ll admit, in our list, Copy.ai is the least suited for marketers. However, it’s still a decent AI writer that’s been gaining attention among users who don’t mind putting in the extra work to push the content to where it needs to be. It’s also important to note that this tool is less advanced than others and is more appropriate for simpler tasks. If you ask us – It’s best to stick to short form copy when using this tool.
The biggest advantage of this tool is its chatbot that allows you to input an instruction and let the AI work its magic. There is a list of preset prompts for inspiration, or the option to create your own prompts as you see fit. You can also create more than one brand voice if necessary.
- A wide variety of features to optimize marketing efforts.
- Multiple language support.
- Responsive and adequate chatbot feature with prompt templates.
- Steeper learning curve for beginners.
- Not many third party integration options.
- Less suitable for marketers needing third party integration and more sophisticated features.
The free option offers 2000 words per chat, which some long form content marketers may find limiting. Paid plans start at $39 per month, with team plans available for $189 per month.
While the market is growing and new AI writers are making their debuts regularly, it doesn’t mean they’re all suitable for marketers. The best AI writers tick all the boxes for their users, whether it’s generating short form copy, long form content, ads, optimization, or just helping come up with new and creative ideas when inspiration is scarce.
Make sure to choose your tool carefully. Consider taking advantage of a few free trials before committing to any one tool. If you choose wisely, concerns about marketing performance will be a thing of the past. The right AI writers will help marketers increase conversion rates and website traffic, with a positive impact on their overall ROI.
What AI writers have you tried, and what do you look for in a tool? Let us know in the comments!
- How AI is Transforming the SEO Landscape: A Marketer’s Perspective - February 29, 2024
- How To Use AI For Keyword Research: A Marketer’s Guide - February 16, 2024
- The Impact of AI Writers on SEO Performance: Friend or Foe? - January 31, 2024