Updated: 20 June 2021
Content creation is the process of building something, whether it be an article, a blog, a social media page or a podcast broadcast. The term content creation has its roots entrenched in copywriting and marketing, with the creators of content possessing the ability to string copy for words and ideas together. This makes sure that finished products and services are more appealing to end users. With current trends moving towards using AI for content generation, questions are being asked about what the future of content creation holds for those who earn their livings creating content.
Content creators are now wondering how long it will be before they get replaced by computerised entities that do their jobs in half the time, with a smaller margin for error. Without the skills of Nostradamus, nobody can predict what might happen in future but mention of a few of the features that AI content generators currently provide may paint a clearer picture.
Two Services Provided by AI Content Products
- Writing Topic Ideas: AI products, such as ContentBot, analyse large amounts of online data and, with word embedding techniques which utilise how often words appear together, present the content requested via user input of keywords and phrases by selecting the data with the most potential. These topic ideas are often perfect for generating ideas for marketing, blogs and social media posts.
- Content Generation: Using powerful natural language technologies, such as OpenAI’s GPT-3 that is used in ContentBot, content creation bots generate text in human language form in mere seconds. This content generation is a useful tool when writing product descriptions and opening introductions for blogs, marketing campaigns and articles.
After reading the above, copywriting professionals might become slightly concerned, although these fears are currently unwarranted. Even the most powerful content creation tools require operation through human effort and fully automated generation is practically impossible. In order to generate a response from a generator, input from another source is always required.
While the future of content creation might remain unclear, I believe that it lies solely within the human mind. The creativity, emotions and passion that we, as humans, display is unique, and is likely to remain so. It may be worth checking the futures of content generation and writing topic ideas with products like ContentBot though.
- Technology and the future of books - July 29, 2021
- The benefits and importance of UX writing - July 29, 2021
- Use the science of music as a tool to enhance creative productivity - July 28, 2021